- Open your QuickBooks company as the admin on the Mac.
- Open the File menu, select Export, then To QuickBooks for Windows.
- If prompted to Verify before backing up, do it.
- Choose a location for the new QBB file, then click Save.
- Confirm all remaining prompts.
- Copy the QBB file to a Windows PC.
How to Restore a QuickBooks Backup File (QBB) on Windows
- Open QuickBooks.
- Open the File menu, then Open or Restore Company…
- Select Restore a backup copy then click Next.
- Select Local backup, then click Next.
- Select the QBB file, click Open, then Next.
- Choose a folder and name for the new QBW, then click Save.
- Do not overwrite another file unless you are sure it is safe.
- If no errors were encountered After the QuickBooks data has been restored, proceed as usual.
How to Restore a QuickBooks Backup File (QBB) on Mac
If someone like your accountant will be making changes to your QuickBooks data, then sending the updated company file back to you, follow these steps after the updated backup is returned to you.
- Copy the QBB file to your Mac PC.
- Open QuickBooks for Mac.
- Open the File menu, then Open Company.
- Select the QBB file, then click Open.
- Click OK when prompted to restore the file.
- Enter a name for the new company file, then click Save.
If you encounter any problem during the backup and restore process, you may need to contact Intuit’s QuickBooks Support for troubleshooting information.